A leader in research
Preparing the next generation of innovative jurists
The Faculty is considered to be one of the top French-speaking law faculties in the world, because of our unique combination of legal pluralism and cutting-edge research in multiple fields of law.
At the Faculty, research activities mostly take place in our two world-class research centres. The names of these centres –Centre de recherche en droit public (Research Centre in Public Law) and Centre de droit des affaires et du commerce international (Centre for Business Law and International Commercial Law) – aptly describe their respective fields of activity. They also reflect a value that is fundamental to the Faculty’s vision of research: diversity, both in the cultural and legal sense. Consequently, our research centres are at the very heart of ever-growing international research networks.
What makes the Faculty so dynamic:
- Our determination to attract the best researchers and students from all over the world
- Our interdisciplinary approach in a mixed law-context
- Our pluralist vision based on education, research, society and international cooperation
- Our global approach, as Montreal is where Europe and North America intersect
- Our true culture of excellence.
The Université de Montréal’s Faculty of Law is supported by a long tradition of excellence in research and education. Composed of eminent researchers, our institution aims to attract the most brilliant and creative of talents.
All you need to do is join us!