Université de Montréal’s Faculty of Law strongly encourages students to become aware of the issues of a global society. By participating in an exchange program, you discover new cultures, observing them from a foreign legal point of view.
Exchange programs for Université de Montréal students
Exchange programs for foreign students
Every year, the Université de Montréal Faculty of Law has the privilege of welcoming students from around the world. We encourage foreign students who want to participate in an undergraduate exchange program to consult the following documents:
Master’s and doctoral level exchange program
The Université de Montréal’s Faculty of Law allows master’s and doctoral students to complete part of their education abroad.
- Put together a file
- Evaluation criteria
Université de Montréal and the Faculty of Law have entered into agreements to promote student mobility, at all levels of study.
On this topic, you can consult:
The objective of an exchange is to enrich the education of participants. You must therefore choose an exchange program the complements your field of study in the Faculty.
Consult the host universities’ websites.
Financial aid programs are available to students admitted to an exchange program. For example, see the UdeM-MEQ student mobility scholarship.
Visit the site’s Financial Aid section
You must maintain your full-time student status while studying at your host university. You must therefore register for courses worth at least 6 credits for the session.
Your choice of program of study abroad must be approved by the Faculty of Law Graduate Studies Committee. The approval letter must be attached to your admission application. When you return, the courses you took will be credited to your program of study.
You should contact the Office of the Vice Dean of Graduate Studies or Research (office A-9432) and visit the Maison internationale website.
All required forms are available on the Maison internationale website.
Putting together a file
Your file must contain the following:
- The “Participation Application” form for the exchange program that interests you.
- A copy of your transcript with the seal of the Office of the Registrar. The transcript must show the grades for all university programs for which you were registered (*).
- A brief text, drafted by the applicant to the attention of the host university, with reasons for participating in the program and educational objectives. This text must be drafted in the language of the host institution (or in English for “international” programs) and be accompanied with a French translation as needed.
- Your curriculum vitae.
- interest in the educational project
- excellence of the university record
For more information, consult the following sections of the website: